Friday, July 14, 2017

A Day of Travel


After racing to the airport with my father, I barely made it in time. I slung my bags out of the back of the car, gave my father a hug goodbye, and briskly walked through the sliding glass door as the cool air conditioning overcame me. Following waiting in line and receiving my boarding pass, I pushed through security and finally found my group as they were boarding the plane. We had about 18 hours of flying ahead of us, and I knew it would be a long day. First we took a quick flight to Toronto Canada where our first connection was. Our next flight began our trip half way across the world to the unprecedented city of Taiwan. With 12 hours of flight time, I had more than enough spare moments to build predictions of what this adventure I was embarking on might be like. I am a person to love adventures and not knowing what might happen. You could throw me out anywhere, and I would make friends and find my way. I had never been to Asia though, so I had no idea what to expect. Would the college be extremely new with robots running around doing everything? Or would it be super old fashion with views out the windows of rice farms and men with straw hats? I didn't know what to think. Following many movies, naps here and there, and much reading, we finally heard the fasten seat belt sign as the plane began to descend towards Tokyo. After a quick lay over, we jumped back on the plane and soon made it to Taiwan. Funny enough it was actually my birthday on this laborious day of travel, so I made the most of it. Upon arriving at the airport, we gathered our bags and belongings and were graciously greeted by our new professor, students, and friends. At this point my eyes were heavy as lead, and I barely stayed awake as we boarded a bus and made out way to CYCU. Surprisingly I was greeted with a birthday cake by the caring students, but my bed and sleep would be the best present they could offer. I took my key, unlocked the door, and darted to sleep as if I never wanted to awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment