Wednesday, July 26, 2017
Ted Talks
Throughout our business camp at CYCU, many of our lectures consisted of Ted Talks. I am a firm believer in Ted Talks, and I actually listen to them frequently in my spare time. My buddies and I actually volunteered at the TedX event in Nashville this past spring and were able to attend for free. Some of the Ted Talks we have listened to in class have been quite profound and eye opening. Today's Ted talk was especially intriguing, for it spoke about the personalities of human beings and why we have them. My favorite points from the talk were that we are all the same in that we are human and have normal human instinct. Then it proceeded to explain that we are all divided into two group of people ranging on a scale: extroverts and introverts. Lastly the speaker enlightened us with the fact that each and everyone of us is completely unique as a human being as well. We all have completely different backgrounds and experiences that shape who we are, relationships with the people around us, and issues that we deal with and solve. I loved when the speaker went into more details about the exact differences between introverts and extroverts. Extroverts like to get straight to the point and just say what they're thinking even if it might be controversial. Introverts like to get a point across in more articulate fashion that might be less intrusive with their words. Extroverts are also more outgoing and like to communicate and connect with humans at all times in an intimate manner. They enjoy social scenes where the energy and excitement is high. Introverts like to have some alone time to let their brain think more clearly. They enjoy more relaxed scenes and communication with less people. I think that all humans lie upon a spectrum between extroversion and introversion, and I believe that I am somewhere near the middle and lean maybe more towards an extrovert.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment