Thursday, July 20, 2017

Day 4 and 5: Our first weekend


7/15 - 7/16

We woke up early Saturday morning for our first cultural trip. On this day our first stop was Yehliu Geopark, and it was beyond gorgeous. After stumbling onto the bus in the morning, I quickly fell back asleep but woke up just as we were arriving at the first site. As we winded down the mountains towards the ocean and what looked like a mountainous peninsula, my heart was beginning to race. I could the the beauty of what we were about to explore get closer and closer. The bus reached its parking space and came to an abrupt stop as half the students were already on their feet ready to check out the surroundings. Yehliu was a beautiful national park that was famous for the "Queen's Head" and the exotic terrain. We all had an hour and a half to explore this place, but it turned out not to be enough. As the time to embark to our next location was getting close, Sandy and I were hiking out to the end of the Peninsula with a mission to reach the end. I expected to make it to a pretty amazing view, but something quite extraordinary greeted us at the end. We found a platform about ten feet off the ground with a sketchy ladder for climbing up on to it. On top of that was a concrete pole about 5 feet in diameter that held your classic revolving old school light house on the top. I looked around to see if anyone was watching and then said, "Hey! lets climb to the top." We were so glad we did because the view was one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. We were the only ones brave enough to hike to the end and were rewarded with a fantastic hidden treasure. Upon climbing down we had to run back to the bus to make it in time before it left.

No comments:

Post a Comment