It was a casual Sunday of relaxation and hibernation until the surprising yet exciting news exploded into my head. Around 10:30 I slowing began to start thinking about packing for my trip, but I was not too worried because I had all day Monday to prepare for the flight Tuesday. Being a pretty well traveled adventurer, I had no worries about the journey to Taiwan that I was about to embark on. Well until I picked up the phone and called up Travis, one of my fellow travel mates on the trip. I began asking general questions about the trip and whether there was anything important that I might be missing. Travis in a calm tone told me a few items and then explained to me excitedly that he had just finished packing. "Wow I bet that feels relieving!" I exclaimed. Then the conversation came to an end after we conversed for a few more minutes, and Travis concluded the phone call saying that he would send me the itinerary just in case. I agreed and hung up the phone. I got back to what I was doing, but seconds later a startling image popped up on my phone... I read the message as sweat began to drip down my face. Then I reread it again to make sure I was not mistaken. Our flight was that next morning only about 9 hours away and not on Wednesday. I jumped out of my seat in dismay, for I had absolutely nothing packed and only nine hours to go shopping, pack, prepare, sleep, and get to the airport. Nothing would stop me from missing that flight...
No comments:
Post a Comment