Friday, July 14, 2017
Day 2: The Never Ending Day
Today was the first day for some scheduled adventures with the group. We woke up, rolled out of bed, and met up with the group outside at the lobby. After a quick box breakfast, we headed to the bus and made way to Taipei. The drive to Taipei was absolutely gorgeous, and the city was massive. At the same time as the ride I was also on the phone dealing with a big real estate deal. I helped my friends Will and Christine get under contract on an awesome condo, and we were now set to close. We finally made it to town and began our VIP tour of the public transportation system. I know a good bit about Nashville, but I had no idea how intricate the transportation system of Taipei was. I thought they might ride lots of bikes and trains, but the system totally amazed me. Taiwan has developed an unbelievable transportation system that serves as the foundation for its immense economical growth. The trains, bike system, and smart signs were just some of the many features the city of Taipei presented. Following this tour, we had a delicious lunch in the food court. I had my first beef noodle! After crying from the spicy hot heat, I slugged down some milk tea, and then we were on our way to the next item on the agenda: The National Development Center. At this place we got an intricate presentation on the economical diversity and growth of Taiwan in addition to its high tech and modern use of the cloud for government services. I was astounded by how modern Taiwan actually was.
Following these two fantastic events, we were set free for the day. They day before I did not know anyone too well, but Trent, Sammy, Sunny, and I formed a good bond and friendship. We all grouped up and decided to adventure down to Taipei 101. A method of transportation need to be picked, so we choose to ride the You Bikes down the busy road. After making a quick stop in a real estate office, we finally made it to the enormous building just in time for sunset. Previously we heard that the ticket to reach the top might be expensive, but it turned out not too bad. We stepped on to the elevator to find out that it was the fastest in the world. Upon reaching the top, I was breath taken by the absolutely gorgeous view of the entire city. Suddenly I checked my watch though, and realized we had to get back soon. After the adventure home, I passed out immediately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment